Friday, July 20, 2007

Thoughts on the Future ... Imput wanted



So I've been thinking a lot about the future and I just wanted to let people in on it. So I only have one more year of school (providing I graduate and such) but should I graduate this is what I'm thinking about:

Teaching History for Los Angeles School District: I like the idea of this for a few reasons: one the have a program that pays back a majority of your student loans, they give you 20% finances towards a masters, I could possibly start working right after school, summers off, and work with high schoolers. Cons - I think I have to sign a 4 year contract, and that's a lot of committment to me at the moment.

Teaching English Overseas - This is another option I've heavily considered. I figure I'll be done with school, I want to travel, this seems like it would be the time. I would have to take a course to get my certification - but once you're finished they help you find a job pretty much in any country. Pro's - International experience, they need english teachers, working with children, or high school, only a one year contract. Con's away from family, friends, and church - I don't really feel equiped to present the gospel overseas - not that I don't want to I just feel completely incapable of it at this time.

Staying on Campus - I could work as a graduate assistant and stay on campus. I could continue taking courses at CBU and likewise continue to pursue acting on the side. Pro's - Working and Investing in a group of guys trying to encourage them to become leaders and men of God. Con - Low salary? But it would be enough to help start putting a dent in student loans. I think, but I'm not sure, but I think they help you out with your masters

Getting a masters - I've thought about getting a masters in theology or philoshpy of religion at the Bible Institute of Los Angeles (Biola) ... where I could do Grad assistant stuff there. I've thought about working campus crusade for christ at USC or another public university.

Acting - I could, over the course of the next year, push hard to get an agent and try to pursue acting. Honestly ... I don't know what God has for my life ... sometimes I think I'm called to be salt and light in the film industry ... other times I feel i'm just supposed to let that go and focus souly on His work of raising up disciples. Sometimes I think I really need to be more firm in the word before I come back to Hollywood and try to make an impact ... (which would be a long process) ... Somehow I feel like both of these fit together, but I just don't know how. Sometimes I feel like the Lord is calling me away from acting, other times I feel like it's exactly where I'm supposed to be. I don't know if it's just me trying to hang onto idol dreams, or it's what I'm "called" to do. I've been challenged a lot more recently to not seek my own glory, but to truly invest my life into drawing out the best in others and seek nothing but the Glory of God, but I find that hard to do by staying inside a christian bubble. I don't know what to think anymore. I felt like i've been following God's leading in my life at great cost, personal sacrifice, great risk ... all that's seemed to happen is coming up empty handed

18 comments:

Andrew "The sneak" Kasten said...

I went to the comi-con in san diego where
100,000 people attend. there are many actors there
talking about there new movie or tv show
at certian times i think to myself "i would love to be up there talking about something im in"
but over the few days of the event trying to find God in this entertainment world and listining to the few christians that attend that are in in the industry,
I see the that like being a storyteller is a lifestyle its
who we are it doesnt have to be fleshed out in a comic-book or a film, that we serve the people around us through the gifts we have
I guess what im saying is I think i want to focuse more on serving the church and Jesus than like jumping straight into "hollywood"

im going to an audition tommorrow for
a short film though

i hope my story helps you

Anonymous said...

Good post.

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan dosage uses - ativan how fast does it work

Anonymous said...

diazepam 10 mg diazepam side effects hallucinations - diazepam dosage animals

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online legally xanax drug dosage - xanax drug interactions aspirin

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam and dogs dose - diazepam online europe

Anonymous said...

buy valium online valium wiki drug - valium medication dogs

Anonymous said...

purchase xanax xanax 2mg price - codeine xanax and alcohol

Anonymous said...

sniffing diazepam generic diazepam usa - buy blue diazepam

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien dosage info - buy ambien online overnight delivery no prescription

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online no rx cheap ambien - ambien cr yahoo answers

Anonymous said...

buy soma carisoprodol highest dose - carisoprodol 350 mg street value

Anonymous said...

valium no prescription overnight valium sale manila - valium quickly does work

Anonymous said...

buy soma online fail drug test soma - buy soma online no prescription needed

Anonymous said...

valium no prescription needed order valium online legal - 20mg valium effects

Anonymous said...

buy soma online buy soma safely online - carisoprodol names

Anonymous said...

buy soma buy somatropin online no prescription - where to buy somatropin hgh

Anonymous said...

buy valium online there generic version valium - buy tramadol valium online