Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Panera Bread No Longer Serves Tomato Soup!

I want to meet the guy who takes tomato soup off the menu at panera bread.

It's been around since the begininng of time, and suddenly it's not good enough for you? What did he have a tramatizing experience eating spaghetti o's as a kid and suddenly the rest of the world has to pay because grandma wasn't paying attention and zapped the tomato soup for too long. Honestly how hard is it to make tomato soup? ANd don't try to butter me up with, "Do you want to try our new corn dog soup." No I don't, I don't want your corn nasty soup and try to make it all appealing by throwing the word "NEW" in front of it, New doesn't mean better - and marketing people need to find some other word to sell the products, because if that's the best they got, I ain't buying ever. So you need to go back to you're little round table of marketing and try something new.

But in all fairness, it made me be adventurous and try the baked potato soup: and that was good.

Oh - As you can probably tell, I'm back from India and will hopefully be writing more about it this week. Computer access there was a hot commodity so it was tough to write but I hope to write more about it now.

2 comments:

carsonbelmont said...

I love your ranting and raving and then adding, the baked potato soup was good.

Erin Bennett said...

I just googled "panera tomato soup" to find the recipe and happened upon your blog. I'm not sure where you are geographically, but our Panera in MN just recently got the tomato soup back. I was SO sad to see it go in the spring (we actually just got it for the first time last winter), so I was very happy to see it return. Now, don't even get my husband started on the fact that they changed their wild rice soup. :)