Monday, June 2, 2008

One Journey Ends; Another Begins

I made it one of my goals to write a little more. In India Zack Ewing wrote consistently on his blog and it really opened my eyes to the value of consistent writing, so here goes.

Today, I don't think I could've read more timely words from the Lord in Psalm 32:8 "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." At this crazy transition time from graduating college, returning from India, moving to L.A. I don't think these words could be more alive. Couple that with the opening preface of John Piper's Don't Waist Your Life. It's a book I've turned to time and time again, and as I witnessed my roomate re-read this on the trip it struck me that I need to make time to visit one of the most impacting books I've ever read. The opening paragraph is all I could handle tonight.

"You would not have picked up this book if God were not at work in your life. If you are a Christian, you are not your own. Christ has bought you at the price of his own death. You now belong doubly to God: He made you, and he bought you. That means your life is not your own. It is Gods. Therefore, the Bible say, "Glorify God in your body." God made you for this. He bought you for this. This is the meaning of your life." - John Piper

So at a time when life is and has been very confusing reading words like, "This is the meaning of your life." and "You would not have picked up this book if God were not doing something in your life." and God's words, ""I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." - Simply Stated, Thank You, God continue to watch over me although I don't deserve it, I ask for your grace and mercy to be faithful and for you to be faithful to finish the good work you started in me

1 comment:

Justin Blomgren said...

That book is so good. I miss you man. Where in LA did you move. I'm moving down to azusa this weekend. I want to see you sometime