Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Night That Was

Well, apparently someone pointed out to me that I had not updated my blog since June; so I thought I would take a brief moment to talk about my day. Brandon & Jordan came by and picked me up to go to Phillipe's in downtown to snag some amazing 9 cent coffee. That's Right NINE CENTS. We indulged and had three cups; of which is still keeping me going strong into the night and allowing me to write this letter. I also got the chance to enjoy the cool night by throwing the football with my roomate Parker and just talking about our weekends and things God is doing in our lives. It was a good night and it's nights like this that refresh and revive and renew you.

I also started a new book tonight called Organic Church by Neil Cole ... It's very good and is really forcing me to think a lot.

Lastly I just heard that my friend returned from India and was very inspired by Dr. Thom's words, "Don't live for too small of thing." Jordan pointed out that since I've been home I've been, "like a deer caught in the headlights." Needless to say I've had a hard time adjusting to being back in the states ... however Tyler's inspiration has left me with two very important questions I must ask myself and live by ... "What are you going to do now that you've returned from India." And will you undergo Thom's Challenge ... "Don't live for too small of thing." I haven't really made time to actively think on these things ... and now more than ever seems like the appropriate time to do so.

So Phillipe ... Thank you for nine cent coffee. You know how to make a poor man feel rich. But even then ... I say I'm poor and get into a very woe is me mentality - but even in my "poorness" by American Standards ... I still live like a king in comparison to the rest of the world ... So I am truly blessed. Until we meet again -

2 comments:

Andrew said...

they have deer in china
a few of us got our picture taken with one

Anonymous said...

Amen.